To become employed in the Russian Federation a foreign person must obtain a work visa allowing him to legally work, get paid and remain on the territory of Russia until the end of its duration.
But in so doing, the foreigner is entitled to work only in the company specified in his/her visa. In order to apply for a visa to work for another employer, it's necessary to leave the country and re-go through the whole process of visa preparation.
What is a work visa to Russia?
Work visa is a document which allows a foreign person to stay on the territory of Russia for a long time (1 year or 3 years) continuously. This type of visa is issued to a citizen who got a job in a Russian company.
Russian Work Visa - Quick overview:
|Period of stay:||1-3 years|
|Invitation price:||Call or Get Tourist Invitation Online|
Key issues the applicant should be aware of when applying for a work visa:
- Features of work visa
- Required documents for work visa
- How to Get Russian working visa
- Work visa fees.
Work visas are not subject to limitation under which a foreign citizen can only stay in Russia for 3 months within every 6 months. Regular work has a 1 year validity, while the visas for highly skilled foreign professionals may be valid for up to 3 years . The number of entries and exits is not limited for the holder of a work visa for the whole period of its validity.
How to renew a business visa?
Extending a work visa is possible, without leaving the country.
If the validity of this type of visa does not suit you for some reason, please consider other types of visas.
Learn more: Types of visa invitations to visit Russia.
In each individual case, at every stage of work visa application process a different package of documents is required. To receive an invitation, necessary for obtaining a work visa, you need:
- copy of the foreign citizen's passport with a Russian translation certified by a Notary Public
- copy of the diploma, certifying the foreign citizen's qualification (with a Russian translation certified by a Notary Public)
- two 3×4 cm photos
- completed application form .
Read more: Work visa Invitation for Foreign Citizens
To obtain this type of visa, you will need to present to present the following documents to the Russian Consulate:
- work visa invitation
- visa application form;
- medical insurance
The following steps must be taken by a foreign citizen in order to obtain a work visa:
- To attract workers who are nationals of a foreign country, the employer must obtain a quota. To do this, the employer must submit company information to the State Employment Service and in due time apply to the FMS requesting a permission to attract foreign professionals.
- The employer must apply to the authorized state body for registration of individual work permits for a particular foreign national.
- Thereafter, the employer must submit the required documents requesting an invitation in support of a work visa.
- After that, the letter of invitation and work permit should be sent by mail to the foreign worker, who is expected to submit these papers to the consular office as part of a package of documents required to apply for a work visa.
The foreign person can also arrange a work visa for the members of his/her family. Their visas will have a "Accompanying family member" indication under the column labeled "Purpose of the visit".
The process of preparing the documents and applying for visa requires a great deal of time and effort. Our company provides assistance in preparation of the documents required for obtaining a work visa. We also help submit and take out your documents. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have regarding the work visa application process.