Do Chinese need Visa to Russia?
Yes. Visa to Russia for citizens of China is a permit to enter the Russia which chinese citizens can obtain from the consulates of Russia. In order to obtain visa to Russia from China you must have an Invitation to Russia sent by an inviting party.
Visa for citizens of China which can be obtained in the consulates of the RF is in the form of a stamp which is glued into a passport. It contains the following information:
- Visa’s date of issue and its number;
- Passport information of the citizen of China – Surname and all other names (both in Russian and English), citizenship, sex and passport number;
- Term of a visa;
- Number of entries;
- Purpose of a trip;
- Name of the company which sent the invitation;
- Number of an invitation if it was sent on the FMS form.
Citizens of China can obtain an invitation upon application to an organization accredited at the Federal Migration Service or from a travel company.
How to Get Russian Visa from China?
The requirements may vary depending on purposes of travel:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in China?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in China. See the list of Russian Consulates in China, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Citizens of China who want to visit Russia for a holiday or sightseeing need a Tourist Visa. In this case an invitation is issued by a Russian travel company registered in the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the RF and has its own reference-number.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The format of an invitation is not specified by law so it can be in any form chosen by a tour operator. Such an invitation should contain all the necessary following information:
- Details of the travel company issuing the invitation (its name, legal address and a reference-number);
- Full name of the person invited, his/her citizenship and passport information;
- Date of entry to and departure from Russia of the applicant;
- The location in Russia where the tourist will stay (a hotel address);
- The itinerary (towns to visit) the tourist is planning to follow.
The Tourist Invitation consists of two parts – a tourist voucher and a confirmation on the acceptance of a tourist. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Chinese can be made within 1 working day. In order to obtain an invitation in most Russian consulates you may present a copy of the invitation. However the applicant could also be asked to show the original invitation, an air ticket, an insurance policy and the hotel reservation.
A travel company is not responsible for checking whether a foreign citizen has any violations, penalties or deportations. This would be checked at the embassy of the RF where a foreign citizen would submit the documents to apply for a visa. Therefore the issued tourist invitation doesn’t guarantee that you will receive your visa. A foreign citizen will be denied a visa if it is discovered that he/she broke any Russian laws during their previous visits.
A Tourist Visa (single and double entry) is issued for citizens of China for a maximum period of 30 days.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from China
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price $15.00
Foreign citizens who would like to visit their relatives or friends in Russia have to apply for a Private visa. The invitation for a Private visa should be issued and sent by the inviting party. Such invitation will be received at the Federal Migration Service on a special form. It must contain the purpose of visit, some essential information about the foreigner (Name(s) and Surname, passport data), the information about the inviting party, validity of visa and number of entries.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
A private invitation will be issued after receiving of an application from the inviting party as well as after the foreign tourist was checked on having any criminal convictions, unpaid penalties or deportations during his/her previous visits to Russia. One can be refused in having such invitation in case any of these will be found.
Private visa to Russia for Chinese citizens can be obtained for a maximum period of 90 days. It can be single or double entry.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Chinese citizens
A Business Visa to Russia is given to the foreign citizens who are planning to participate in an exhibition, to extend or sign an agreement, to conduct marketing research or have any other commercial purposes other than being employed in Russia. In these cases an invitation will be issued by an authorized state body (the FMS). The basis for issuing an invitation is a completed application from an accredited organization.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay $55 USD by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: $55.00
The Invitation to receive a Business Visa is printed on a special form from the FMS which is protected against forgery. It has the following information:
- Full name of a foreign citizen, his/her citizenship, date of birth, place of residence;
- Information about the company which invites a foreign citizen to Russia;
- Date of estimated trip, number of entries;
- A serial number of the invitation.
As China is a migration risk country the inviting party will have a special interview before giving in the documents where it is necessary to explain the purpose of the visit of a citizen of China. The documents should be given in only if permission for the visit was obtained. When issuing an invitation a foreign citizen would be checked for any previous convictions, deportations or penalties. Therefore the issuing of a business invitation takes a long time: 16 days for 1 or 2 trips and 21 days in the case of multiple entries. If it is discovered that a foreign citizen had any breaches of the law during his/her previous visits, the inviting party will be refused an invitation and the reason will be explained.
In order to obtain a visa a citizen of China should go to a consulate or embassy of Russia where he/she will have to fill in the application form and pay the consulate fee. The visa if issued will be pasted into the passport.
Business Visa for citizens of China can be issued for a period from 1 month (30 days) to 1 year. It can be single, double-entry or multi-entry.
Please, note that according to Russian visa policy maximum stay in Russia without leave is 90 days in 180-period days.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from China on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Chinese citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Chinese citizens by a Telex
A Work Visa is a whole pack of documents which a citizen of China needs in order to be able work in the RF. This pack includes a Russian visa, a work permit and a migration registration. A Work Visa differs from other types as a foreign citizen can remain in Russia for the whole term of the visa. In other cases – not longer than 90 days in any 180 days.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
A Work Visa for citizens of China is drawn up by a company providing the applicant with work. This company should be accredited by the FMS and have a permit to engage foreign workers.
The FMS issues a Work Invitation if a foreign citizen has a work permit. This invitation is valid for 90 days during which period the applicant has to arrive in the RF and to be registered at the migration service. After that the company-employer must extend his/her visa for the period of the work permit. It is not necessary to leave Russia in order to extend the term of this visa.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Chinese citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Chinese citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in the People's Republic of China, the Consular Section of the Embassy
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in the People's Republic of China, the Consular Section of the Embassy
Consulate-General of Russia in Shanghai
- Address: 200080, Shanghai, Huangpu Road, 20
- Phone: (8-10-86-21) 6324-83-83, 6324-26-82
- Fax: (8-10-86-21) 6306-99-82
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.rusconshanghai.org.cn
- Business hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - from 09.15 to 12.15 for foreigners. Monday, Wednesday - from 14.00 to 17.00 for the Russian people (in case of emergency and every day around the clock). Friday - from 14.00 to 16.00 for the Russian people (in case of emergency and every day around the clock)
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Shenyang
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
- Address: 2106-2123, 21/F, Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Phone: (8-10-852) 2877-71-88, 2877-50-24
- Fax: (8-10-852) 2877-71-66
- E-mail: email@example.com (general), firstname.lastname@example.org (notary and citizenship questions), email@example.com (protocol issues)
- Web: www.russia.com.hk
- Business hours: From Monday to Friday - from 09.00 to 17.00; lunch break - from 12.30 to 14.00
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Guangzhou