Do Swedish need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. In order to obtain a Russian visa a Swedish citizen should give in an invitation to Russia when applying for a visa. Wherein an applicant must fill in an application form and pay a consulate fee.
The issuing of an invitation is only possible in Russia (this should be done by a friend, a relative, an employer or another person/ a legal entity interested in the arrival of a foreign citizen). Depending on the official purpose of a trip there are different types of invitations and visas (there are tourist visas, private visas, business and work visas). It is very easy for the citizens of Sweden to obtain a visa to Russia.
How to Get Russian Visa from Sweden?
This requires a certain procedure which may vary depending on the purposes of a visit:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Sweden?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Sweden. See the list of Russian Consulates in Sweden, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Those Swedish citizens who plan to do some sightseeing in Russia may apply for a tourist visa. In this case a tourist company which is registered in the Russian Federation and has its reference-number should be engaged in the issuing procedure of such invitation. The outward appearance of an invitation would be different with each tourist company, but it must contain the information about the company and the passport data of the foreign citizen. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Swedish can be made within 1 working day.
Another mandatory item to be executed when issuing a tourist invitation is a list of all Russian cities a tourist intends to visit as well as places of his/her stay in each city.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
A tourist company should indicate the dates of arrival to and departure from Russia in the invitation as well as the total number of entries.
A tourist visa to Russia from Sweden is issued for a period of no more than 30 days, with no more than two entries.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Sweden
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
If a Swedish citizen wants to pay a private visit and meet his/her friends or relatives in Russia, a private visa should be applied for. In order to receive such visa it is necessary to give in a private invitation which would be issued by a relative or a friend who lives in Russia.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
In order to have such invitation an inviting party must apply to the Federal Migration Service. An individual should apply with an appropriate application into the department of the Federal Migration Service at the place of his/her residence. A representative of a legal body should apply with an appropriate application to the department of the Federal Migration Service at the place where such legal body was registered.
It would be checked at the FMS whether such Swedish citizen had any deportations from the country during his/her previous visits and whether he/she has any criminal records or unpaid penalties. If a foreigner broke the law during one of his/her previous visits he/she might be denied in a visa with indicating a reason for that.
In case everything is fine a private visa to Russia can be obtained for a period of up to 90 days. It may be single or double entry.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Swedish citizens
Business visa is recommended for those Swedish citizens who plan to visit Russia to sign agreements, hold negotiations, make deals or participate in seminars, conferences or auctions.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
In order to obtain a business visa it is necessary to show a business invitation at the embassy (or a consulate). Only a legal entity which is accredited at the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) or at the Department of the Consulate Service at the Ministry for Foreign Relations of the Russian Federation can issue such invitation.
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
Invitation on a special form of the FMS may be obtained only by an accredited company which representative applied for it accordingly. When applying to have such invitation a foreigner will be checked on whether he/she has any unpaid penalties, criminal records or deportations from the country.
Invitation on the letterhead of the inviting company – is a request from this company to a consulate of the Russian Federation to give a visa to a certain foreign citizen. This invitation is issued within one day.
Invitation by telex – is an order from the Ministry for Foreign Relations of the RF to a consulate of the RF. With such invitation a foreigner must only quote at the embassy the number given to him/her by an inviting party.
A citizen of Sweden can obtain a visa to Russia valid for up to 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Sweden on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Swedish citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Swedish citizens by a Telex
In order to work in Russia a citizen of Sweden must apply for a work visa. An invitation to obtain such visa will be issued only if necessary documents submitted certifying the right of this foreigner to work in the Russian Federation. Such documents include: a work permit to work in Russia, a special card of the employee of a foreign representative office or other.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
A company which employs a Swedish citizen must assist in issuing a work visa for the foreigner and in compliance with other rules (such as registration at the migration service).
In order to obtain a work visa a citizen of Sweden must go through the following stages:
- Obtaining of a work permit;
- Issuing of an invitation (with which a visa for 90 days will be obtained);
- Arrival to the Russian Federation and registration at the migration service;
- Extending of the visa for the term of a work permit;
- Registration at the migration service for the term of the visa validity.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Swedish citizens
Swedish citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kingdom of Sweden, a Consulate Department of the Embassy
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Gothenburg
- Address: S:t Sigfridsgatan 1, Box 5093, 402 22 Göteborg
- Tel: (8-10-46-31) 40-80-84
- Fax: (8-10-46-31) 40-89-00
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.gothenburg.mid.ru/
- Business hours: On visa questions from Mon. to Fri. — from 10.00 to 12.00, Acceptance of Russian citizens by appointment from Mon. to Fri. — from 14.00 to 16.00