Do Italian need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. Russian visa for citizens of Italy can be obtained at a consulate or an embassy of Russia in Italy or in the country where an Italian citizen has a residence permit. To have a visa a citizen of Italy has to pay a consular fee, to fill in a special application form and present an invitation to Russia.
An invitation to the Russian Federation for a citizen of Italy should be in the responsibility of an inviting party which is located in Russia. A foreigner can be invited to the Russian Federation by his/her relatives or friends, a tourist company, business partners or an employer. The outward appearance of the invitation may vary significantly (depending on the type of a visa).
How to Get Russian Visa from Italy?
It is very easy. A certain procedure is required for that. It may vary depending on the purpose of the visit:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Italy?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Italy. See the list of Russian Consulates in Italy, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Those Italians who are planning to visit the Russian Federation for their holidays and sightseeing may apply for a tourist visa. The issuing of such invitation in this case should be made by an authorized tourist company, which has its own reference-number and registered at the Unified Federal Register of the Tour Operators. In this case an invitation will have two parts: a confirmation on receiving of a foreign citizen and a tourist voucher.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The procedure of issuing for this type of invitation is quick and simple. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Italian can be made within 1 working day. In a tourist invitation must be indicated the passport data of a foreigner and the reference-number and all necessary information about the inviting company; the duration of the trip, number of entries and the cities in the Russian Federation which a tourist is planning to visit.
When applying for a tourist visa one may be asked to present at a consulate the purchased tickets, hotel reservation and a medical insurance.
The validity period for a tourist visa is up to one month.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Italy
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
A private (guest) visa is designated for those Italians who are planning to visit their relatives or acquaintances living in the Russian Federation. An invitation can be applied for by an individual or a legal entity. In order to do this an individual should apply to the department of the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) at the place of residence and to the department of the FMS at the place of the accreditation in case of a legal entity.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
After the checkup which will take 12 days a private invitation will be issued on a special form of the Federal Migration Service if it is proved that a foreigner didn’t break the Russian law during his/her previous visits to the Russian Federation. In such form must be indicated an individual number of the invitation, some essential information about a foreign citizen, the dates of entry and departure to Russia, the number of entries and the information on the inviting party.
A private Russian visa may be single or double entry. The duration of such a visa can be up to 90 days.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Italian citizens
Foreign citizens planning to participate in the seminars or auctions, to extend their business or to sign agreements with business partners located in the Russian Federation should apply for a business visa.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
A company which invites an Italian citizen to come to Russia can issue the invitation on its own letterhead. A required condition in this case would be the accreditation of this company at the Department of the Federal Migration Service (the FMS). Such invitation can be issued within only 1 day.
A business invitation on a special form of the FMS is issued at the visa department of the FMS according to the submitted application of the inviting party. For single and double entry visas the issuing of the invitation on this form takes 12 working days, and for multiple entry visas – 17.
A business invitation for the citizens of Italy issued by telex is a direct order from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs to a consulate of the RF. To apply for a business invitation issued by telex may any legal entity which is accredited at the Department of the Consular Service at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the RF. With a telex invitation a foreigner when applying for a visa should quote its number given to him/her by the inviting party at a consulate department of the RF.
A business visa to Russia for Italian citizens can be valid for a period of up to 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Italy on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Italian citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Italian citizens by a Telex
A work visa is issued for those citizens of Italy who plan to work in Russia under the contract or to conduct some business there. To have a work invitation will be possible for an Italian citizen only in case he/she has got a work permit or another similar document.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
An employer which is located in the Russian Federation should be engaged with the issuing of a work permit. The company-employer itself needs an appropriate permission to do this. With a work permit sent by the employer a work visa can obtained for 3 months.
When a foreign citizen comes to Russia the inviting party must initially register him/her at the migration service for 90 days. After that the company-employer should be engaged with the extension of a work visa for the foreign employee. It can be extended for a term of a work permit (no more than 1 year).
The advantage of a work visa is that an Italian citizen doesn’t have to leave the Russian Federation for the whole period of its duration. Generally the term “a work visa” means certain documents including a visa to Russia for a citizen of Italy, his/her work permit and a registration at the migration service. If an Italian citizen has a work visa, members of his/her family can also obtain their work visas where “an accompanying member of a family” will be indicated as a purpose of the trip
It takes approximately 1,5 months to obtain a work visa for citizens of Italy.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Italian citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Italian citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
The Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Italian Republic, Consular Department of the Embassy
- Address: Via Nomentana, 116, 00161, Roma, Italia
- Interactive telephone reference: (8-10-39-06) 929-37-196
- Fax: (8-10-39-06) 4423-40-31
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.rusconsroma.com
- Business hours: from Monday to Friday — from 08.00 to 11.30
- Writing on the internet: it.rusturn.com
- Record by phone: 895-898-95-61 (only for calls from Italy)
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Genoa
- Address: Via Ghirardelli Pescetto, 16, 16167 Genova Nervi, Italia
- Phone: (8-10-39-010) 372-60-47, 372-63-04
- Fax: (8-10-39-010) 374-13-61
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.rugenova.com
- Record by phone: (+39) 010-372-60-47, (+39) 010-372-63-04 (every day from 17.00 to 18.00 hours, except Saturday and Sunday)
- Business hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday — from 09.00 to 12.00
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Milan
- Address: Via Sant'Aquilino, 3, 20148, Milano, Italia
- Phone: (8-10-39-02) 4870-60-41, 4870-73-01
- Interactive telephone reference: (8-10-39-02) 871-58-421
- Fax: (8-10-39-02) 4009-07-41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.rumilan.com
- Business hours: from Monday to Friday — from 09.00 to 12.45
- Writing on the internet: it.rusturn.com
- Record by phone: 895-898-95-61 (only for calls from Italy)
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Palermo
- Address: Viale Orfeo, 18, 90149 Palermo, Italia
- Phone: (8-10-39-091) 684-21-21
- Fax: (8-10-39-091) 32-93-79
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.rupalermo.com
- Information Blog: Palermo-consulru-blog.it
- Writing on the internet: email@example.com
- Record by phone: (+39) 091-684-21-21
- Business hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - from 08.30 to 12.30, Wednesday and Friday - from 09.00 to 12.00 (only for registration of a new generation of passports)
Frequently Asked Questions
To obtain a Russian visa you need:
- Fill in our online order form and get a Visa invitation to Russia
- Refer to our Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Russian Visa Application, use your personal data and information from the Invitation to Russia