Do German need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. Russian Visa for the FRG citizens can be obtained in a consulate or embassy of the RF after receiving an Invitation from Russia. A foreign citizen should also fill in a special application form and pay a consulate tax.
An Invitation to Russia for German citizens is issued by the inviting party, located in the RF. It can be a relative or a friend, a tourist company or an organization. The form of an invitation would differ depending on the type of visa and purpose of the visit. It is very easy to obtain a Visa to Russia from Germany:
How to Get Russian Visa from Germany?
A certain procedure is required for this. It may vary depending on the purpose of the trip:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Germany?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Germany. See the list of Russian Consulates in Germany, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Those German citizens who are planning to visit Russia for holidays and sightseeing should apply for a Tourist Visa. Invitation for a Tourist Visa may be issued by a tourist company, which is legally registered and has its reference number. This type of invitation to visit Russia for German can be made within 1 working day.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The outward appearance of such invitation may differ, but it must contain all information about the inviting tourist company including its reference number, as well as the passport data of the foreigner. In this invitation a tourist company should indicate an itinerary of a foreigner, cities which he/she intends to visit as well as his/her place of stay. Also the term of the visit and number of entries should be indicated in the invitation.
The validity of a Tourist Visa from Germany can be up to 30 days. Visas can be single or double entry.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Germany
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
Those citizens of Germany who are planning to visit their relatives or friends who live in Russia should apply for a Private visa. The inviting party must issue a visitor invitation and send it to a visitor.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
Such an invitation should be issued in a local FMS body. A relative or an acquaintance who invites a foreigner to Russia should give in an application to a department of the FMS at the place of his/her residence. If the inviting party is a legal entity its representative should apply to a department of the FMS where such company was accredited.
Before issuing such private invitation a foreigner will be checked on whether he/she had any unpaid penalties, criminal convictions or deportations during his/her previous visits. If any such convictions found, the inviting party will be denied in receiving an invitation (and the reason for withholding it will be specified).
The term of a private Russian visa for citizens of Germany can be up to 90 days. Such visa can be single or double entry.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for German citizens
The foreigners who are planning to visit Russia to participate in seminars or auctions, to sign or prolong agreements, to hold negotiations or look for new business partners should apply for a Business Visa.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
In order to receive a Business Visa you have to give in to a consulate an Invitation which should be issued by a legal entity accredited by the Department of Consulate Service at the Ministry for Foreign Relations of the Russian Federation or the Federal Migration Service.
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
The Invitation on the inviting company’s letterhead – is a letter of request of an accredited company to a Russian consulate to give a Russian visa for a foreigner. Such Invitation is issued within 1 day.
Invitations on special FMS forms is being issued to the accredited company by an authorized body after receiving its application. It is being issued on a standard federal pro-forma. Such invitation is given after such a foreigner was checked on having any criminal convictions, penalties or deportations during his previous visits to Russia.
Invitation by Telex – is a direct requirement from the Ministry for Foreign Relation of the Russian Federation to a Russian consulate. In this case it is just enough for a foreigner when applying for a visa to quote a certain number given to him by the inviting party.
Read more: What is the difference between a Telex and the original Invitation?
Maximum term for a Business Visa for German citizens is 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Germany on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for German citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for German citizens by a Telex
In order to work legally in Russia a foreigner needs a work visa. An invitation for a work visa can be issued only if a foreign citizen has received a work permit allowing him to work in the Russian Federation, a special card of an employee of a foreign representative office or any other appropriate documents. It is also necessary to be registered with the Migration Service of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
A company which is planning to hire a foreign employee should be responsible for his/her visa.
How to obtain a Work Visa for a foreigner:
- Obtaining a Work Permit (the company-employer should be in charge of this);
- Issuing of an invitation to receive a Work Visa (the validity of such visa is 90 days);
- Registration of a foreigner at the Migration Service of the RF upon his/her arrival to Russia;
- Extension of the Work Visa for the term of the Work Permit;
- Registration of a foreigner at the Migration Service of the RF for the term of the extended visa.
Get Work Visa to Russia for German citizens
German citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- The Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Federal Republic of Germany, the Consular Department of the Embassy
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Bonn
- Address: 53177 Bonn, Waldstrasse, 42
- email@example.com — Consul General;
- firstname.lastname@example.org — V.V.Beletsky;
- email@example.com — the Secretariat of the Civil Code;
- firstname.lastname@example.org — General questions, comments and suggestions;
- email@example.com — Passport issues;
- firstname.lastname@example.org — Questions of citizenship;
- email@example.com — Consular registration (set / unset, getting help);
- firstname.lastname@example.org — Questions notary, registrar, reclamation and legalization of documents, change of name;
- email@example.com — Pension issues;
- firstname.lastname@example.org — Registration of visas in Russia questions Russian entry, a temporary residence permit in Russia;
- email@example.com — Certificate for return to Russia, deportation and extradition, arrest;
- firstname.lastname@example.org — The state program of resettlement of compatriots in Russia.
- Web: www.ruskonsulatbonn.de
- Mon. - Thirs. — from 08.30 to 18.00 (lunch hour from 13.30 to 14.30),
- Fri. — from 08.30 to 14.30.
Receiving visitors in the consular sections:
- Mon.- Fri. — from 08.30 to 13.30.
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Hamburg
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Leipzig
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Munich
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Frankfurt
- Address: 60318 Frankfurt am Main, Eschenheimer Anlage 33–34. Receiving visitors in at the address — 60318 Frankfurt am Main, Öderweg 16/18
- Tel: (8-10-49-69) 596-74-503, 596-74-231
- Fax: (8-10-49-69) 596-74-505
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.ruskonsulatfrankfurt.de
- Business hours: Mon.- Fri. — from 09.00 to 13.00