Do Spanish need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. In order to obtain a Russian visa a citizen of Spain has to receive an invitation from Russia which should be given in together with all other necessary documents to the embassy or a consulate of the Russian Federation. It is also obligatory to fill in an application form and to pay a consular fee.
An invitation to Russia for a foreign citizen can be issued by a relative, who lives in Russia, a tourist company, an organization which is interested in his/her arrival, a business partner or other individuals or legal entities, located in the Russian Federation. An outward appearance of the invitation, the issuing procedure as well as the time limits to receive such invitation will vary depending on which type of a visa a citizen of Spain needs and who is engaged in the issuing procedure for him/her.
How to Get Russian Visa from Spain?
In order to obtain a visa certain activities are required which will differ depending on what is the purpose of a Spanish citizen’s visit to Russia:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Spain?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Spain. See the list of Russian Consulates in Spain, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Tourist visa can be obtained by those citizens of Spain who plan to visit Russia for sightseeing. For this type of a visa an invitation is issued by the employees of a tourist company. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Spanish can be made within 1 working day.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The outward appearance of a tourist invitation is not fixed by law and for that reason can be random. Wherein the invitation issued by a tourist company must contain full information on the company, its reference number as well as the passport data of a Spanish citizen, plus all cities in the Russian Federation he/she intends to visit and the hotels where he/she will stay.
The invitation issued by a tourist company on its letterhead should indicate what dates a trip is planned for and for how long the tourist is staying in the Russian Federation as well as how many entries there will be.
A tourist visa to Russia for Spanish citizens is given for the term of up to 30 calendar days. Herewith it can be single or double entry.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Spain
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
In order to receive a private visa a citizen of Spain should ask his/her friend or relative who live in Russia to issue a private invitation for him/her. In order to do this the inviting party should apply at a department of the Federal Migration Service, receive the invitation there and send it to a Spanish citizen.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
A foreign citizen can be invited to Russia for a private visit by an individual or a legal entity. To receive an invitation an individual should apply at a department of the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) at the place of his/her residence, while a legal entity should apply at the department of the FMS where the company was registered.
At the FMS after receiving of the application to issue an invitation a certain checkup will be made to find out whether the citizen of Spain had any criminal records during his/her previous visits to Russia. If there were any convictions, unpaid penalties or deportations during the previous visits the FMS will refuse an applicant in an invitation.
In case a Spanish citizen has obtained a private invitation from Russia, he/she can have a private visa for a maximum period of up to 90 days. Private visas can be single or double entry.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Spanish citizens
If a Spanish citizen plans to come to Russia to extend his/her business contacts or in order to sign an agreement a business visa should be applied for.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
To obtain a business visa it is necessary to present at the Russian embassy an invitation received from Russia. Such invitation can be issued by a legal entity accredited at the Federal Migration Service or at the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry for Foreign Relations of the Russian Federation.
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
An invitation sent as a telex is a certain combination of numbers. When applying for a visa with this type of an invitation, a foreigner will be given only its number which he/she will have to quote at the embassy.
An invitation in the form of a letter from the inviting company is a request from this company to the embassy of the Russian Federation to give a business visa to a certain citizen of Spain.
If the inviting company has issued the invitation on a standard state form it means that its representative submitted an appropriate application and a copy of a passport of a foreigner to the authorized body where a checkup on whether there were any criminal records, unpaid penalties or deportations during his/her previous visits to Russia was made.
For the citizens of Spain a maximum period of validity for a business visa is 5 years. It can be single or double entry.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Spain on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Spanish citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Spanish citizens by a Telex
In order to obtain a work visa to Russia a citizen of Spain has to present at the embassy a work invitation. Such invitation can be given to him/her only in case he/she has a work permit. Therefore an invitation to work in Russia for a certain foreign citizen should be issued by the employer only after the work permit was received. The exception is a Spanish citizen who has already received a card of an employee of a foreign representative office.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
A company which is planning to hire a foreign citizen for a job in Russia should be responsible for the obtaining of his/her work visa. After arrival of an employee to Russia an employer should ensure that a foreign citizen is registered at the migration service and extends the visa on time.
The process of obtaining the documents required for a work visa can be rather long.
There are following stages:
● An employer receives a work permit for a foreign citizen ;
● An embassy issues a work visa for 90 days;
● After arrival to Russia a citizen of Spain receives a registration at the migration service;
● After that a work visa should be extended for a period of a work permit (this term can’t be more than 1 year);
● Thereafter a foreigner should be registered at the migration service for the whole period of the work visa.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Spanish citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Spanish citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- Consular department of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kingdom of Spain
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Barcelona
- Address: av. Pearson, 34, 08034 Barcelona
- Phone: (8-10-34-93) 280-54-32, 280-02-20
- Fax: (8-10-34-93) 280-55-41
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://barcelona.mid.ru
- Business hours: from Monday to Friday — from 10.00 to 13.30.
- Emergency phone number in case of emergency: +34-609-306-346; +34-647-574-539