Do Danish need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. A citizen of Denmark can easily obtain a Russian visa when applying at a consulate or an embassy with a letter of invitation. In order to do this one has to pay a consulate fee and fill in a detailed application form.
The issuing of the invitation for a foreign citizen to obtain a visa is provided by an inviting party which is located in Russia (it can be a tourist company, a relative of a Danish citizen or a certain organization). The outward appearance of the invitation varies depending on the purpose of a trip.
How to Get Russian Visa from Denmark?
A certain procedure is required for this. It may vary depending on the purpose of a trip:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Denmark?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Denmark. See the list of Russian Consulates in Denmark, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Those citizens of Denmark who want to get acquainted with the culture of Russia, its architecture, to visit historical places or museums may apply for a tourist visa. In order to receive a visa to Russia from Denmark in this case an invitation is issued by the tourist company which a foreign citizen applied to. Only those tourist companies which have their own reference-number can issue invitations to obtain visas. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Danish can be made within 1 working day.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
There are no any special requirements for the outward appearance of such invitations. Though they must contain all necessary information about the tourist company, which invited a foreign citizen to Russia as well as all passport data of such a foreigner. Moreover it should be indicated in the invitation where the tourist is planning to live during his/her trip and which exactly cities he/she will visit, as well as the dates of arrival to and departure from Russia.
When applying for a tourist visa it should be noted that by the citizens of Denmark it is obtained for a period of not more than 30 days. It may be single or double entry.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Denmark
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
In order to obtain a private (guest) visa (in case a purpose of a trip to the Russian Federation is visiting of relatives or friends) a citizen of Denmark should present a guest invitation issued by a person located in Russia. For this purpose such a person in Russia has to apply to a local department of the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) at the place of his/her residence. If a foreign citizen was invited by a legal entity then its representative must issue the invitation, at the department of the FMS at the place such a legal entity was registered.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
If a citizen of Denmark was brought to justice in Russia during his/her previous visits or was deported from the country the invitation for him/her would not be given (with indicating a reason for the refuse). The department of the FMS may refuse to issue the invitation even in case a foreign citizen has any unpaid fines.
Maximum period for which a private visa to Russia can be obtained is 90 days. The multiplicity of a visa may be equal to one or two.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Danish citizens
To obtain a business visa may those citizens of Denmark who are planning to come to the Russian Federation in order to hold negotiations, sign agreements, participate in the conferences or seminars, to search for new partners. To obtain such a visa a citizen of Denmark should present at the Russian embassy a special invitation. The invitation can be issued only by a legal entity, which has been registered at the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) or the Department of the Consular Service at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. The invitation can be issued as a telelex, on the FMS form or on the letterhead of the inviting company.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
A telex invitation is a direct requirement from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the RF to a consulate of the Russian Federation. When issuing a telex invitation an inviting party has to name a certain number to a foreign citizen which the latter would quote at the embassy when applying for a visa.
The invitation on a special form of the FMS (a state standard form) is issued by an authorized body upon receiving of the application from the inviting party. To issue such an invitation a certain time is required as the employees of this authorized body must check a foreign citizen on any unpaid fines on the territory of the Russian Federation, criminal records or deportations.
The letterhead of the inviting party with a request to a consulate to give a visa for a citizen of Denmark may also be treated as an invitation. The inviting party must be accredited by the FMS. It usually takes approximately 1 day to issue such an invitation.
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
Maximum period a visa can be obtained for is 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Denmark on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Danish citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Danish citizens by a Telex
If a Danish citizen has found a job in Russia, he/she needs to obtain a work visa in order to come to Russia. The invitation for this visa will be issued only in case the foreigner has obtained an official permission to work in the Russian Federation, has a special card of an employee of a foreign representative office or other similar document.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
The process of obtaining a work visa is usually assisted by a company which employs a foreigner. This company must also take care that the foreign employee would be registered at the migration service.
The obtaining of a work visa by a foreign citizen consists of the following stages:
- A company-employer should issue the work permit for a foreign citizen;
- An invitation is issued which allows to obtain a visa for 90 days;
- After arrival to Russia a foreigner is registered at the migration service;
- The validity period of the visa is extended to the end of the work permit;
- The foreigner is registered at the migration service for the whole period of the extended visa.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Danish citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Danish citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kingdom Of Denmark, the Consular Department of the Embassy
Frequently Asked Questions
To obtain a Russian visa you need:
- Fill in our online order form and get a Visa invitation to Russia
- Refer to our Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Russian Visa Application, use your personal data and information from the Invitation to Russia