Do Finnish need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. Finnish citizens are required to have an invitation to obtain a Russian visa. Such a visa can be received at a Russian consulate or embassy. One has to fill in an application form and pay the consulate fee in order to apply for a visa.
The invitation is issued by a person (or a legal entity) located in the Russian Federation. The type of it may vary depending on the purpose of the trip an incoming foreigner would indicate for his/her visit to Russia. The type of a visa also depends on the purpose of a trip.
How to Get Russian Visa from Finland?
A certain procedure is required for that. It may vary depending on the purpose of a trip:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Finland?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Finland. See the list of Russian Consulates in Finland, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Those citizens of Finland who are coming to Russia for sightseeing can easily obtain a tourist visa. In this case an invitation will be issued by a tourist company, which organizes the trip for a foreigner.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
Such company must have its own reference-number which is indicated in the invitation given to a tourist. Besides this invitation should have information about the tourist company, passport data of a Finnish citizen, cities he/she intends to visit as well as the hotels to which a tourist company plans to accommodate such a tourist. The estimated dates of such journey should be also indicated in the invitation. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Finnish can be made within 1 working day.
Visa to Russia from Finland for tourist purposes is given for a period of 30 days. It may be valid for one or two entries.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Finland
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
Citizens of Finland can come to Russia to visit their relatives or friends after receiving a Private visa. For this purpose a foreigner’s relatives or friends living in Russia should apply for a special private invitation for him/her through a territorial department of the Federal Migration Service (the FMS). Individuals should apply to a department of the FMS at the place of their residence, while legal entities should apply with an appropriate application to a department of the FMS at the place of their registration.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
If a Finnish citizen had any criminal records during his/her previous visits to Russia which resulted in the prosecution or deportation from the country, then a private invitation for him/her wouldn’t be given by the FMS. The reason for such deny can be even the presence of any unpaid penalty.
The maximum validity period for a private visa to Russia is 90 days. It can be single or double entry.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Finnish citizens
In order that citizens of Finland may freely enter the Russian Federation to sign and extend agreements, to participate in transactions, seminars and auctions, to search for new business partners they have to obtain a business visa.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
It would be necessary to present a special invitation at a consulate or the embassy in order to obtain such a visa.
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
Business invitation can be issued on a letterhead of the inviting company, on a special form of the FMS or sent by telex.
An invitation on a letterhead of an inviting company is a request to a consulate to give a visa to a certain foreign citizen. The issuing of such invitation usually takes only 1 day.
An invitation on the FMS form can be issued only if an application was submitted. The issuing of this invitation takes a certain time as it will be issued only when an applying foreigner will be checked on having any deportations, criminal records or even unpaid penalties during his/her previous visits. This invitation is issued on a standard state form.
An invitation by telex is a direct requirement from the Ministry for Foreign Relations of the Russian Federation to a consulate (embassy) of the RF. If a foreigner has a telex invitation he/she must quote a certain sequence of numbers when applying for a visa.
The validity period of a business visa for Finnish citizens may be up to 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Finland on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Finnish citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Finnish citizens by a Telex
If a citizen of Finland wants to enter the Russian Federation in order to work when applying for a work visa he/she should present an invitation which will be given only in case he/she has a work permit or other necessary documents (such as a card of a foreign representative office employee) confirming his/her rights to work in the Russian Federation.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
Usually the company which invites a foreign citizen to work in Russia helps him/her to obtain all necessary documents including an invitation and a visa. This company should also provide that an invited Finnish citizen would be in a timely manner registered at the migration service after arriving to the Russian Federation.
It is necessary to perform the following sequence of actions in order to obtain a work visa:
- To obtain a work permit (with a help of an employer);
- To issue an invitation to obtain a visa for 90 days;
- To enter the Russian Federation and to be registered at the migration service;
- To extend visa for the term of the work permit;
- To be registered at the migration service for the whole period of the visa validity.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Finnish citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Finnish citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- The Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Finnish Republic, A Consular Department of the Embassy
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Turku