Do Lithuanian need Visa to Russia?
Yes, it is. Lithuanian citizens are required to apply for a Russian visa at the Consulate or Embassy of the Russian Federation and submit a letter of invitation. They also need to fill out a questionnaire and pay the consular fee.
The invitation letter, necessary for obtaining a visa, can only be acquired by the party located in Russia. It can be done by a relative, travel company or organization. The format of the letter may be different according to the purpose of the trip.
How to Get Russian Visa from Lithuania?
It’s a rather easy task. A specific procedure must be followed. It may vary depending on the purpose of the journey:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Lithuania?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Lihuania. See the list of Russian Consulates in Lithuania, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
The Russian Federation demands a tourist visa from citizens of Lithuania who are interested in sightseeing activities and/or travelling across the country. The letter of invitation for tourist visa should be completed by a registered travel agency.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
This type of invitation is usually printed on the travel company’s letterhead paper.
No strict regulations apply to how the letter may be laid out other than that the travel company’s details (including its reference number) and the foreign citizen’s personal data must be indicated. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Lithuanian can be made within 1 working day. Also, a list of cities the traveller plans to visit should be provided within the letter as well as the places of accommodation where he/she has chosen to stay. The travel company must also specify the dates of the trip and the number of times the tourist intends to enter Russia. Russian tourist visa for citizens of Lithuania allow to stay for a maximum of 30 days with a single or double entry.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Lithuania
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
Guest visa is intended for those foreign citizens who wish to visit their Russian relatives or friends. In this case, the residents of Russia who are inviting the Lithuanian citizen to come to visit should execute for him a letter of invitation. It can be done at the territorial office of the Federal Migration Service. An individual should address the local FMS body at the place of his/her residence and file an application. If the sponsoring party is an organization (a legal entity), its representative is obligated to apply to the FMS office at the place of the company’s registration.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
The foreign citizen will be subject to checks to establish if he/she has a history of prior criminal convictions and/or deportations during his/her previous visits. Should any instances of violation of law be revealed, the applicant will be denied issuing the letter. The officials are required to state the reason of denial. Refusal may follow even if a minor fine has not been duly paid.
A Russian guest visa can have a validity period of up to 90 days. The number of entries permitted is either one or two.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Lithuanian citizens
Lithuanian citizens planning to enter the Russian Federation with the intention to search for potential business partners, participate in seminars or auctions, sign or extend contracts or conduct negotiations must lodge a business visa application.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
To obtain business visa, it is necessary to show a letter of invitation at the Consulate (or Embassy). The invitation should be handled by a legal entity registered with the FMS or Department of Consular Services of MID (the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation).
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
It takes 1 work day to process the invitation written on the inviting company’s letterhead. Such invitation is issued in the form of a letter in which the organization applies to Russian Consulate with a request to grant the foreign citizen a visa.
Invitation completed on the official FMS-issued paper requires more time: the representative of the inviting party should apply to the authorized body in which an inspection will be conducted to establish evidence of prior convictions on the territory of Russia and/or deportations from Russia as well as unpaid charges. In case no violations are found, the invitation letter on the official government-approved form will be given.
Invitation delivered in Telex format is basically a directive sent from Russian MID to the Embassy of the Russian Federation ordering to issue a visa for the foreign citizen. In this case he/she is expected to provide a number, given by the sponsoring party, when applying for visa at the Embassy.
Maximum period of validity for business visa is 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Lithuania on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Lithuanian citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Lithuanian citizens by a Telex
A Lithuanian citizen is allowed to work legally on the territory of the Russian Federation after he/she obtains a work visa. The applicant is required to provide a letter of invitation which can be issued only if he/she has a work permit. The invitation letter can also be obtained by foreign nationals who possess other documents certifying that he/she is authorized to work in Russia (such as the foreign representative office employee card).
Read more: Russian Work Visa
Russian company, seeking to employ the Lithuanian citizen, is urged to assist him/her in handling the work visa application process. Also, it should look to help the foreign worker to register with the migration department in due time.
The procedure of obtaining a work visa by a citizen of Lithuania can be broken down into the following steps:
- obtaining a work permit;
- obtaining a visa support letter (valid for 90 days);
- registering the Lithuanian citizen with the migration services after his/her arrival in Russia;
- extending his/her work visa for the entire period of his/her work permit;
- registering him/her with the migration services for the entire period of his/her visa duration.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Lithuanian citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Lithuanian citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Lithuania
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Klaipeda
Frequently Asked Questions
To obtain a Russian visa you need:
- Fill in our online order form and get a Visa invitation to Russia
- Refer to our Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Russian Visa Application, use your personal data and information from the Invitation to Russia