Do Egyptian need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. Application for a Russian visa for citizens of Egypt can be completed at the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation. When applying for the visa, it is necessary to present a letter of invitation received from an individual (friends or relatives) or legal entity (business partner or employer) located in Russia which acts as the inviting party.
There are four types of visa available for Egyptian citizens. They differ based on the purpose of the trip and activities necessary to carry out in order to obtain the visa.
How to Get Russian Visa from Egypt?
A specific procedure must be followed in order to get a Russian visa. It may vary depending on the purpose of the travel:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Egypt?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Egypt. See the list of Russian Consulates in Egypt, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
Egyptian citizens who wish to to explore Russian historical landmarks and learn about its cultural heritage must obtain a tourist visa. A letter of invitation for foreign tourists can be issued by the travel companies that have an individual reference number and a record of registration. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Egyptian can be made within 1 working day.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
Invitation letters for tourist visa may have different appearances as they are completed on headed papers of different travel agencies. However, they are similar in having two substantial parts: a confirmation of acceptance of the tourist and a tourist voucher. A letter of invitation must also contain these important details:
- The travel company’s reference number and its legal information.
- Full name of the foreign citizen, his/her country of origin and all personal details indicated in his/her passport.
- Intended dates of entry and departure in/from the Russian Federation.
- Locations the tourist plans to visit when travelling in the country.
- Places of accommodation (hotel, guest house, etc.)
When submitting the tourist visa application to the Russian Embassy, be prepared that the officer may ask you to show printed flight tickets, hotel confirmation and evidence of health insurance. During the process of issuance of the letter of invitation in support of tourist visa application no checks will be performed. However, the foreign citizen will be subject to examination after he/she submits the visa application to the Embassy. His/her record will be studied to find out whether the person in question has a history of prior administrative violations, criminal convictions or deportations from Russia. If any misdemeanors, infractions or felonies are revealed, the citizen of Egypt will be denied entrance in Russia. This is why it is worthy to note that issuance of a letter of invitation for tourist visa does not ensure that the visa will be granted.
Tourist visa for Egyptians can be valid for a single or double entry. It may have a validity of up to 30 days.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Egypt
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price $69.00
If an Egyptian citizen plans a trip to the Russian Federation with an intention to visit his/her relatives or friends, it is necessary that he/she should obtain a visitor (private) visa. In that case, both individuals and legal entities may act as the inviting party. An invitation in support of private visa can be issued by the Federal Migration Service of Russia (FMS).
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
Since Egypt is included in the list of countries that are recognized by the Russian authorities as potentially dangerous, the inviting party is required to meet face-to-face for an interview with an authorized person. It is not until this step is completed, that the documents supporting the invitation letter application can be submitted.
The private invitation letter for citizens of Egypt issued on the official FMS-approved form must indicate full name and personal details of the foreign person in question as well as the individual number of the invitation, visa validity period and the inviting party’s personal information.
The stage, on which the processing of invitation occurs, involves background check meant to reveal if the foreign citizen has previously been subject to convictions, charges or deportations that may have taken place during his/her visits in the past. Such violations may result in denial of visa. A letter stating the reason why the visa has been refused will be issued.
A Russian private visa for citizens of Egypt may be valid for a single or double entry. Its maximum period of validity is 90 days.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Egyptian citizens
Egyptian nationals who intend to visit Russia for such purposes as expanding business relationships, signing contracts, participating in workshops or auctions must obtain a business visa. In order to do that, it is necessary that the party that offers the foreigner invitation should facilitate issuance of letter of invitation to support his/her visa application.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Application for the business invitation, being issued on the official FMS paper, should be filed at an office of the FMS by an organization that has been approved by Russian immigration authorities. An invitation being issued on the official FMS-approved form can be completed within 12 working days for a visa that will be valid for 30 or 90 days or 17 working days for a 180- or 365-days visa. After the invitation letter for business visa is obtained, the original document must be forwarded to the citizen of Egypt.
A Telex invitation does not have any physical form, it is just a number. Telex is basically a directive sent from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation to the Consular office located abroad. When applying for visa at the Consulate, the citizen of Egypt will be asked to indicate the Telex number.
Business visa to visit Russia for Egyptian citizens may be valid for a maximum period of 1 year and permit a single or double entry. Foreign citizens who request a multiple entry visa are expected to have held Russian visas in the past.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Egypt on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Egyptian citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Egyptian citizens by a Telex
When entering Russia to engage in labor activities as a worker or self-employed individual, it is a requirement to have a package of documents prepared. The package must include a work visa, a work permit allowing to work in the Russian Federation and a record confirming migration registration.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
A Russian company interested in hiring a foreign worker must handle the process of obtaining the work permit allowing him/her to be employed by that company and, after this step is completed, a letter of invitation in support of his/her work visa application must be prepared.
The first-time work visa may be granted for a period of up to 90 days. Upon entering Russia, the foreign worker must notify Russian immigration authorities within that period. After that, the inviting party (the employer) must facilitate extending the visa validity for the period until the expiry date of the employee’s work permit (1 year). The advantage of work visa is that the holder is not required to travel outside the territory of the Russian Federation in order to have it renewed.
It takes the foreign citizen around 1.5 months to obtain his/her work visa. The process of preparation of documents can be divided into several stages. The employing company:
- obtains a permit to hire foreign workers;
- obtains the permit allowing the foreign citizen to come to Russia to work;
- submits the package of documents in support of the application and by doing so requests issuance of a letter of invitation for a work visa that is valid for up to 90 days;
- notifies the immigration authorities that the foreign employee has arrived in Russia;
- assumes responsibility of extending the employee’s work visa for the period until the end date of his/her work permit;
- The foreign citizen undergoes the migration registration procedure allowing him/her to stay in Russia legally for the period until his/her visa expiry date.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Egyptian citizens
Egyptian citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Arab Republic of Egypt, Consular section of the Embassy
- Address: Misaha st. 34, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
- Phone: (8-10-2-023) 748-63-93
- Fax: (8-10-2-023) 761-45-12
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Web: www.egypt.mid.ru/cons, www.facebook.com/rusconsulegypt
- Working hours: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 09.30 to 13.30. Wednesday (only for Russian citizens) — from 09.30 to 13.30