Do Polish need Visa to Russia?
Yes, they do. In order to have a Russian visa a Polish citizen must obtain an invitation and present it when applying for a visa at a consulate or an embassy of the Russian Federation. Another important condition will be filling in of a special application and payment of a consular fee.
Only the inviting party can issue such an invitation to come to Russia: a relative, a tourist company, a business partner, etc. The outward appearance of the invitation would differ depending on who is the inviting party.
How to Get Russian Visa from Poland?
A certain procedure is required for that. It may vary depending on the purpose of the trip:
- Tourist visa is intended for those who travel for tourism and wish to see sights.
- Private visa is good for visitors who would like to meet Russian friends (however, it is recommended to apply for the tourist visa instead as it is a more easy and reliable way to take a trip to Russia).
- Electronic visa - for example: short-term trips;
- Business visa suits the foreign applicants who are concerned in exploring business opportunities of Russia.
- Work visa is necessary for the citizens of foreign countries who seek to endeavour in career and professional development in Russian enterprises.
Where to apply for a Russian visa in Poland?
You can obtain a visa to Russia in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation located in Poland. See the list of Russian Consulates in Poland, along with their phone numbers and location indicated on this page below.
Russian visas quick comparison
|Type of Visa||Duration||Purpose|
|Tourist visa||1-30 days||Sightseeing, visiting friends in Russia|
|Business visa||30-90 days (up to 5 years)||Search of business partners, attending conferences, long trips, long-term visits of friends in Russia|
|Electronic visa||8 days||Trips for a short period of time|
|Private visa||30-90 days||Official visits to meet with friends in Russia (Not recommended! See why)|
|Work visa||1-3 years||Employment in Russia or permanent residence|
A tourist visa can be obtained by those citizens of Poland who want to visit the Russian Federation with a tourist purpose. In this case an invitation for a foreign citizen to obtain a tourist visa is issued by a tourist company.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The outward appearance of such invitation is not important (it can be any). The invitation issued by a tourist company must contain all information about the company (a reference number is obligatory), the passport data of a tourist and all cities in Russia he/she intends to visit as well as his/her places of residence during the trip to the Russian Federation. This type of invitation to visit Russia for Polish can be made within 1 working day.
Moreover it should be indicated in the invitation from a tourist company when the tourist is planning his/her trip and how long he/she wants to stay in Russia as well as how many entries there will be.
Usually a tourist visa to Russia from Poland is obtained for a period of up to 30 calendar days. A tourist visa can be single or double entry.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Poland
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
In order to obtain a private visa a citizen of Poland must have a relative or a friend in Russia, who will issue a guest invitation for him/her. Such an invitation is being issued at the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) and then sent to a foreign citizen.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
If a foreigner is invited by an individual, this individual must apply to a department of the FMS at the place of residence. In case the inviting party is a legal entity it has to apply at the department of the FMS at the place of its registration through a representative.
The FMS will check a citizen of Poland on having any criminal records during his/her previous visits to Russia. Thus, he/she will be refused in a visa in case of any previous convictions, unpaid fine or deportation. The reason for such a refusal would be indicated.
If everything is fine, a citizen of Poland can obtain a single or a double entry private visa to Russia for a period of up to 90 days.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Polish citizens
A citizen of Poland who wants to look for new business partners in Russia or to participate in the seminars or auctions, sign agreements or extend them is recommended to apply for a business visa.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
In order to obtain a business visa an invitation should be presented at a consulate. In this case an invitation is issued by a legal entity which must be accredited at the Department of the Federal Migration Service or the Department of the Consular Service at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the RF.
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
A telex invitation doesn’t have any shape. If an inviting party has issued this type of an invitation it gives a foreign citizen a certain number which the latter has to quote when applying for a visa at the embassy.
An invitation on the letterhead of an inviting company is a letter in which the company intercedes for a foreigner at the embassy of the RF. The issuing of such an invitation takes only 1 day.
If an inviting company has issued its invitation on a special form of the FMS then it means that its representative applied to the authorized body which had a checkup showing that this certain foreign citizen had not had any convictions, unpaid fines or deportations from the country during his/her previous visits to the RF.
A business visa can be obtained by the citizens of Poland for a period of up to 5 years.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Poland on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Polish citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Polish citizens by a Telex
A citizen of Poland can obtain a Russian work visa in order to have a possibility to legally work there only if he/she has an invitation which is issued solely in case a citizen of Poland has received a work permit allowing him/her to work in the RF or has any other documents proving that he/she may put in force the labor activity in Russia (this document can be a card of an employee of a foreign representative office).
Read more: Russian Work Visa
Usually a company that employs a foreign citizen is engaged in the issuing of the invitation and obtaining of a work visa for him/her. It also should provide that the foreigner is registered at the migration service in a timely manner.
There are several main stages in the process of obtaining of the work visa:
- At the beginning a work permit is obtained (this should be done by an employer);
- After that an invitation is issued and a visa for 90 days is obtained;
- After arrival to Russia a foreign citizen should be registered at the migration service;
- Then a work visa is extended for a whole term of the work permit;
- Since then the foreign citizen should be registered at the migration service for the full term of the visa validity.
Get Work Visa to Russia for Polish citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Polish citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- The Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Poland, Consular Department of the Embassy
- Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Gdansk
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Krakow
- Address: ul. Biskupia 7, 31144 Krakow, Rzeczpospolita Polska
- Phone: (8-10-48-12) 422-26-47
- Fax: (8-10-48-12) 422-90-66
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: krakow.mid.ru
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Poznan
- Address: ul. Bukowska 53a, 60567 Poznan, Rzeczpospolita Polska
- Phone: (8-10-48-61) 841-77-40
- Fax: (8-10-48-61) 847-49-97
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: poznan.mid.ru
Frequently Asked Questions
To obtain a Russian visa you need:
- Fill in our online order form and get a Visa invitation to Russia
- Refer to our Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Russian Visa Application, use your personal data and information from the Invitation to Russia