If a citizen of Austria wants to go sightseeing to Russia, he/she has to apply for a tourist visa. An invitation to obtain a tourist visa is issued by a tourist company, which has its own reference-number (for this purpose it should be officially registered in the RF). This type of invitation to visit Russia for Austrians can be made within 1 working day.
Read more: Russian Tourist Visa
The outward appearance of an invitation from a tourist company is not fixed by law. The only important thing is that any invitation should contain a reference-number and other information on the company as well as passport data of the invited tourist. Moreover there should be a list of all the cities in the RF which a foreign citizen plans to visit during his/her trip. It is also should be indicated where he/she will stay during this period. The invitation must contain the information on the date of an estimated trip, its duration and the number of entries to the country.
Tourist visa to Russia from Austria is issued for a period of up to 30 days. It can be single or double entry.
Get a Tourist Invitation to Russia from Austria
Go to Issuing a Tourist Invitation Price €13.44
Private visa for citizens of Austria is issued after receiving of a private invitation. This invitation should be applied for at a local department of the Federal Migration Service by a friend or a relative of an Austrian citizen who is located in Russia. In this case an individual applies to the FMS department at the place of his/her residence. While if an inviting party is an organization, its representative must apply at the FMS department at the place of the organization’s registration.
Find out why: Why not apply for a private visa?
Read more: Russian Private Visa
It is done in order the employees of the FMS could check whether a foreigner had any criminal records during his/her previous visits and if he/she has any unpaid fines or deportations from Russia.
The law-abiding citizen of Austria can obtain a private Russian visa for a period of up to 90 days. It can be 1- or 2-entry.
Get of a Private (Visitor) Invitation to Russia for Austrian citizens
If a citizen of Austria wants to enter the Russian Federation to participate in an auction or a seminar, to look for new business partners, to hold negotiations, or sign agreements, etc. he/she has to apply for a business visa.
Business invitation for these purposes has to be issued by an inviting party. A legal entity which is in charge of issuing of the business invitation to obtain a business visa must be accredited at the department of the Federal Migration Service (the FMS) or at the Department of Consular Service at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the RF.
Read more: Russian Business Visa
The business visa invitation letter can be obtained by either of these ways:
- Russian Business Invitation Letter from organization (possible to get Online);
- Russian Invitation Letter from FMS;
- Telex Russian Invitation;
Invitation on the letterhead of the inviting party is a letter of request in which the accredited organization is asking a consulate of the RF to give a visa to a foreign citizen.
Our company recommends the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay €49 by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: €49.28
An invitation sent by Telex – is a requirement from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Russia to the embassy of the RF. When issuing the invitation an inviting party gives a foreign citizen a certain number which he/she has to quote when applying for a visa (no paper invitations should be given in this case).
If an inviting party has issued an invitation on a special FMS form it means that a representative of a company which invited a foreigner gave in an appropriate application to an authorized body. In this case a foreign citizen is checked for having any deportations during his/her previous visits, any criminal records or unpaid fines.
Business visa can be obtained for 5 years maximum.
Get a Russian Business Invitation from Austria on the letterhead of an accredited company
Issuing of a Business Invitation to Russia for Austrian citizens on the FMS form
Get a Business Invitation to Russia for Austrian citizens by a Telex
An Austrian citizen can obtain a work visa if he/she has got an invitation which would be issued only in case he/she has a work permit allowing him/her to work in the RF or other documents such as a card of an employee of the foreign representative office.
Read more: Russian Work Visa
A registration of a foreigner at the migration service upon his/her arrival to the Russian Federation is obligatory. The assistance in obtaining a work visa and the compliance with all the formalities is usually provided by an organization which has invited a citizen of Austria to work in the RF.
Several stages can be listed in the process of a work visa obtaining:
- Obtaining of a work permit;
- Issuing of the invitation to receive a visa for 90 days;
- Arrival to Russia and registration at the migration service;
- The extension of a work visa (it is extended for the whole period of the work permit);
- Registration of a foreign citizen at the migration service (for the whole period of the visa).
Get Work Visa to Russia for Austrian citizens
An electronic visa (hereinafter referred to as "e-visa") is a new type of a visa document. A visa invitation to Russia is not required for obtaining an e-visa. To obtain an e-visa to Russia use our “E-visa to Russia” service.
An e-visa can be only single-entry. The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry within its validity period.
The validity period and/ or permitted stay on an e-visa cannot be extended. To obtain an e-visa a foreign citizen needs a digital passport photo and a completed application form containing full and valid data at the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Read more: Electronic visa to Russia for foreigners
Apply for e-visa Cost €10.00
Austrian citizens may obtain Russian visa in these Consular centers of the Russian Federation:
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Austrian Republic, Consular Department of the Embassy
Frequently Asked Questions
To obtain a Russian visa you need:
- Fill in our online order form and get a Visa invitation to Russia
- Refer to our Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Russian Visa Application, use your personal data and information from the Invitation to Russia