What is a Russian visa invitation from an organization?
A business visa invitation issued by an organization is a document that is the basis for obtaining a business visa, which allows to stay on the territory of Russia for up to 90 days continuously. The visa itself can be valid for up to 5 years. Business visa invitations can come in different formats. This article addresses the common types and its advantages and disadvantages. This type of document can be issued by an organization that is accredited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Russian Business Visa Invitation from an organization - Quick overview:
|Period of stay:||90 days (up to 5 years)|
|Processing time:||5-10 minutes|
|Price:||$55 USD - Get Invitation|
Other than issuing invitations to foreigners on the FMS form and via Telex, the accredited organizations have been entitled to issue invitations on their own letterheads since 2005. The accredited organizations are entitled to arrange invitations issued on their letterheads to citizens of the EU and USA. The purpose of that was to encourage the expansion of business connections between these countries as part of the legislation amendments that resulted in a simplified visa procedure.
When applying for a Russian visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation, citizens of the EU and USA are required to present a letter of invitation issued by an accredited company, fill out the form and pay the consular fee.
Invitations to Russia issued on a company's letterhead are only valid for those citizens of the European Union and the United States who apply for a business visa.
The main advantage of issuing this type of invitation is that it takes only 1 day to arrange, whereas invitations issued on the FMS form or by Telex would require much more time. The negative side of the invitations issued on the letterhead of an accredited company is that the inviting organization that issues the invitation does not conduct any checks to confirm the absence of violations of the Russian Federation law and expulsions from the country during the past visits. These checks will be conducted in the Consulate or Embassy after submitting the package of documents for the visa application.
Sample invitation from an organization
Get a Russian business invitation from organization
How to get Russian business visa invitation online?
We recommend the citizens of the EU, the United States, Japan and China to choose the invitation letter issued by an organization, because:
- Issuing an invitation letter is cheaper than arranging an invitation by Telex or at the FMS.
- It can be issued online in 5 minutes and will be sent to you by email immediately after payment.
- Also, it is not required to submit the original invitation to the Consulate, which saves you the money you will otherwise have to spend on postal services for sending the original invitation.
- A 3-year visa invitation and visa can be obtained with this type of invitation if the applicant has previously held two or more Russian business visas.
Consider taking these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the form
- Step 2: Pay $55 USD by credit card or via PayPal
- Step 3: Receive your invitation on your email instantly after payment
Get your invitation letter online! Price from: $55.00
If all documents are in order and no violations will be detected, a visa to Russia will be granted for a period not exceeding 5 years (for citizens of the EU) or 3 years (for citizens of the USA) to the applicant who submitted the letter of invitation issued on the letterhead of an accredited company.
Find out more: Why use Telex or issue the invitation at the FMS when I can arrange an invitation from an organization
The appearance of the invitation issued by an accredited organization may be arbitrary as it is not established by law. However, such an invitation must include the individual number of the company that issued the invitation, as well as the passport data and the requested period of validity and the number of entries of the visa. This type of invitation must be certified by a signature of the company's chief executive accompanied by a corporate seal.
Find more information about how to obtain a business visa to Russia in the Business visa to Russia for foreigners section.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tourist Visa - e.g.: tourism, sightseeing;
- Business Visa - e.g.: conferences, business negotiations;
- E-Visa - e.g.: short-term visits;
- Work Visa - e.g.: employment in a Russian company;
- Private Visa - e.g.: visiting friends in Russia (though a tourist visa is cheaper and more effecient??).
To obtain a Russian visa you need:
- Fill in our online order form and get a Visa invitation to Russia
- Refer to our Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Russian Visa Application, use your personal data and information from the Invitation to Russia